by Diana Oman
In the fall of 2005, I discovered Abraham-Hicks and the Law of Attraction. (www.abraham-hicks.com). As I listened to the teachings, something “clicked” inside me. The teachings felt right and true for me. It was as if I had truly found “food for my soul”…some kind of incredible “inner nutrition.” It sparked new life inside me. I now feast on this “food” daily. As a result, my life has changed in positive ways beyond my wildest expectations! I find more reasons to be hopeful and joyful. More perceived “good” things happen to me than “bad” things. I now expect things to work out well for me. I’m in love with life! And I found freedom!
Here is my inner nutrition menu (Zero calories! Totally 100% organic ingredients! Suggested serving: No limitations!
- Appreciation: Every morning before opening my eyes and every evening before falling asleep, I do a “rampage of appreciation” for everything that I appreciate. It’s simply a list of appreciative mental or verbal ramblings!
- Responsibility: I believe that I create my life, including every little detail. Everything in my current “reality” is simply a manifested indicator of my previous thoughts and feelings. I get what I expect. Everyone and everything that is in my experience is a vibrational match…an exact indicator of the essence that is vibrating within me. I attract my life experiences by the feelings behind my thoughts and spoken words.
- Before taking any action, first get into the “vortex of a feel-better thought”: This means that before I do anything, I first make sure I am thinking good thoughts. If I have difficulty finding a really good thought, then I just do my best to “lean” towards a better feeling thought. Then, I do the tasks on my “things-to-do” list. I make a deliberate effort to never do anything when I feel or “it” feels “off”. (To determine whether something feels “off”, I check with-in myself to see if it feels like a vibrational match for me to proceed. If it does, I do it. If it doesn’t, I don’t. If it’s not clear, then I simply gather more data and then ask me again.)
- Seek Joy! I am led by joy! I make a conscious effort to selfishly lean towards better feeling thoughts. If it’s related to something that I “must” do, then I find a different, out-of-the- box way to accomplish it that feels like play, not work. If it’s not fun, if it feels like hard work, it’s not a match for me.
- Embrace Love!: I do my best to see the Divine light that shines within us all because we are all one. I try to remember to see life through the eyes of Source.
- Ask, Allow, Receive: I ask. (visualize my life the way I want it to be) I allow the Universe to deliver it and I align myself so I can receive it. (ie., I might speak of expecting something I have visualized with “excited anticipation of it arriving and how good it feels to have this” so then I can be a vibrational match to receiving it”.) I tell the new story of how I want it to be instead of telling my old story of how it was or how I currently see it.
- Surround myselfwith like-minded people: To break through old paradigms of fear-based, limited thinking, it’s necessary to have the daily support of those who “speak the same language.” We support and celebrate each other’s dreams and manifested desires! Co-creating at its best! It is my deliberate intent to surround my life with loving, joy-generating, life-giving, engaging, uplifting, forward-looking, leading edge people! Priceless!
- DVDs/cds/books: Daily doses of these are a “must” in replacing old limiting language.
- Really good food and really good Chocolate: Hmmm, another “must.”
If you are ready for positive change, participate in your own life-changing experiment by inviting yourself to play (remember…it’s got to be fun!) everyday with these inner-nutrition hints. Feel what happens!
Diana Oman is a Marquett Resident, holistic practitioner at Lake Superior Holistic Connection, and facilitator of Law of Attraction events based upon the teachings of Abraham-Hicks. Contact Diana at (9060 250-4995 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit her website at www.lakesuperiorholisticconnection.com.
Reprinted from Health & Happiness U.P. Magazine, Spring 2010. Copyright Diana Oman, 2010.